Award highlights Headwall’s Sustainability Efforts
Bolton, Massachusetts, December 21, 2023 – Headwall has been awarded a Bronze Medal for sustainability by EcoVadis. The award is based on Headwall’s rating in four categories: Environment, Labor & Human Rights, Ethics and Sustainable Procurement.
“We take our corporate responsibility to the world outside of Headwall itself very seriously,” said Dennis Lowell, Director of Operations. “And we are proud of our customers who value these requirements on the part of their vendors.”
The EcoVadis rating methodology is based on seven founding principles:
- Evidence Based: the burden of the proof is on the company assessed
- Industry, Location and Size: taking into account material industry issues, presence in risk countries, and company size and geographical span
- Diversification of Sources: based on supporting documents, standpoints published by NGOs, trade unions, international organizations, local authorities, or other organizations
- Technology: facilitates industrialization, enabling fast learning, growth and scalability
- Assessment by International CSR Experts: a team of CSR experts from around the globe keep track of the latest best practices
- Traceability and Transparency: every document stored securely and can be traced back
- Excellence Through Continuous Improvement: a company-wide quality management system supported by a client advisory board and a scientific committee
EcoVadis is a purpose-driven company whose mission is to provide the world’s most trusted business sustainability ratings. Businesses of all sizes rely on EcoVadis’ expert intelligence and evidence-based ratings to manage risk and compliance, drive decarbonization, and improve the sustainability performance of their business and value chain. Its AI-powered risk mapping, actionable scorecards, benchmarks, carbon action tools, and insights guide a resilience and improvement journey for environmental, social and ethical practices across 200 industry categories and 175 countries. For more on EcoVadis, visit ecovadis.com.